Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Plot Twist’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’ or ‘we’ refers to Plot Twist, the owner of the website, whose registered office is in Victoria, Australia. The term ‘you’ or ‘your’ refers to the website user.
By using this website you acknowledge and agree that:
- The content of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without prior notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the performance, accuracy, timeliness, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You hereby acknowledge that such information and materials may contain mistakes, inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude any liability for such to the fullest extent permissible by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the content, design, layout, appearance, look and graphics of the website. Any reproduction of the website’s material is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to us, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may be a criminal offence and/or give rise to a claim for damages.
- This website may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of your use of it is subject to the laws of Victoria.
- You may only use the website for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the website.
- These terms and conditions do not relate to your use of any product or service described on our website unless otherwise agreed. You must refer to the individual warranty relevant to any particular product or service.
- These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of our website following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
- You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the website.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense including legal costs and expenses (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you in connection with the use of this website.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
By making a submission to Stories for the 21st Century and any of the associated Labs, you acknowledge and agree that:
- Plot Twist's decisions, including selection of applicants and ideas to proceed to each stage are final and not subject to any review or correspondance.
- Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements of the program will not be considered.
- The deadline for applications is as advertised on this website. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- A non-refundable application fee of AUD$25.00 plus GST is payable at the time of application.
- You remain entitled to the rights in the written material that you may submit to us during the application process but it is your sole responsibility to ensure the material you submit is original and created by you, that copyright in that material is owned only by you and that you do not require the permission of any other person or entity to submit your material.
- Plot Twist may receive submissions from other applicants that may be similar to the ideas and materials you submit to us, including similar themes, story ideas and/or characters and that we may, at our discretion, select and/or develop such similar ideas and concepts without requiring your consent and without any liability to you.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you retain a copy of the material you submit to Plot Twist during the application process as we shall not be obliged to the return nor store the material submitted and may delete or destroy it in accordance with our general record keeping policies.
- Applicants selected to participate in the Labs will not be entitled to receive any payment for their participation.
- You will indemnify Plot Twist, hold it harmless and defend it against all claims, demands, losses, costs, damages, judgments, liabilities, and expenses arising out of or in connection with any and all claims of third parties, whether or not groundless, based on any stories submitted for Plot Twist workshops and labs or on any material developed out of such stories.
- You understand that Plot Twist management, assessors, instructors, employees or agents may be exposed to or may develop materials and ideas that may be similar to those of the submitted material. You understand and acknowledge that you will not be entitled to any compensation from such similar material that is independently conceived and created.
- You agree that you will never assert against Plot Twist (or any of its management, assessors, instructors, employees or agents, any claim based on an assertion of plagiarism, idea theft, confidential or fiduciary relationship or any other theory relating to the submitted material.
- No substitutions of new concepts, synopses or corrected pages for submissions will be accepted under any circumstances. However, you may submit new material as a separate submission.
- Shortlisted applicants are required to submit additional materials as part of the assessment process. If requested, you will supply these materials within 3 business days of receiving the request.
- You accept that Plot Twist cannot provide individual feedback on submissions that are not selected.
- You acknowledge that there is a tuition fee associated with the Labs. If selected to participate, you agree to pay this fee.
- Submitting your work to the Labs constitutes permission to use the selected participants' names and likenesses for publicity and promotions with no additional compensation.